In the FET Phase, Grade 10–12 learners have developed sufficient self-management skills to take responsibility for their learning journey (with supervision from our teachers, of course). The final years of high school are packed with new experiences, challenges, and opportunities. Learners get to dive deeper into the subjects that interests them, make lifelong friends, and start shaping the path towards their future.
Compulsory and elective subjects
Our CAPS-aligned lesson material prepares learners for the final NSC examination at the end of Grade 12. In the FET Phase, learners must complete seven subjects, of which four are compulsory, and three are electives. The four compulsory subjects in Grades 10–12 include:
- At least one Home Language (English or Afrikaans)
- Another language at either Home Language or First Additional Language level (English, Afrikaans or isiZulu)
- Life Orientation
- Mathematics OR Mathematical Literacy
At the Impaq Online School, we also include three additional courses:
- Information and Communications Technology
- Physical Activity
Learners can choose three elective subjects from the list below:
- Business Studies
- Consumer Studies OR Hospitality Studies
- Computer Applications Technology (Grade 10 CAT is only available in English)
- Engineering Graphics and Design
- Information Technology (only available in English)
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences (requires Mathematics)
- Visual Arts
What do we offer?
20+ hours of live, interactive classes every week.
Lesson material (printed)
Our CAPS-aligned lesson material is specially developed by our team of experts to ensure
learning is fun, exciting, and engaging.
Our SACE-registered teachers are specialists in their fields and available to answer questions in
Our educators oversee and mark all tasks, tests, and exams.
Optimi Learning Portal (OLP)
OLP provides further guidance and includes access to crafted digital resources (videos, quizzes,
etc.), personalised calendars, and more.
What do I need to register?
- A valid copy of the learner’s South African birth certificate/identity document or South African study permit.
- A computer or laptop with internet access and a reliable email address. A UPS is recommended, considering power interruptions. Ensure that you read the device and software requirements.
- Upon registering, the parent confirms their child’s readiness and compliance with the requirements of the previous grade.
Learners in the FET Phase complete tasks (including PATs and orals), tests, and examinations that form an integral part of their annual assessment. Our qualified teachers conduct, oversee, and invigilate all assessments, so there’s no need to appoint an assessor or invigilator for subjects offered by the Impaq Online School!
Grade 12 learners will complete the final NSC examination towards the end of the academic year. This examination is administrated (and invigilated) by the assessment body, SACAI. Once our learners complete matric, they receive a National Senior Certificate (NSC).
From R2 299p/m*
*Prices exclude SACAI and delivery fees.
- The above prices are cost estimates and do not include the costs for supplementary products, delivery or SACAI fees.
- Payment options:
- Once-off full payment: You will receive a 10% discount when paying for the academic year in full. Please note that the discount does not apply to supplementary products, delivery or SACAI fees. The amounts on our online quote will include the applicable discount when a once-off full payment option is selected. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Monthly instalments (EFT/bank deposit/credit card).
- Impaq-administered debit order.