In the Intermediate Phase, Grade 4–6 learners use what they have learned in the Foundation Phase to level up their knowledge and learn new concepts. They are stepping into a whole new world of learning by gaining a deeper understanding of the world around them.
The Intermediate Phase includes six compulsory subjects:
- At least one Home Language (English or Afrikaans)
- Another language at either Home Language or First Additional Language level (English, Afrikaans or isiZulu)
- Life Skills
- Natural Sciences and Technology
- Social Sciences
At the Impaq Online School, we also include three additional courses:
- Information and Communications Technology
- Physical Activity
What do we offer?
20+ hours of live, interactive classes every week.
Lesson material (printed)
Our CAPS-aligned lesson material is specially developed by our team of experts to ensure
learning is fun, exciting, and engaging.
Our SACE-registered teachers are specialists in their fields and available to answer questions in
Our educators oversee and mark all tasks, tests, and exams.
Optimi Learning Portal (OLP)
OLP provides further guidance and includes access to crafted digital resources (videos, quizzes,
etc.), personalised calendars, and more.
What do I need to register?
- A valid copy of the learner’s South African birth certificate/identity document or South African study permit.
- A computer or laptop with internet access and a reliable email address. A UPS is recommended, considering power interruptions. Ensure that you read the device and software requirements.
- Upon registering, the parent confirms their child’s readiness and compliance with the requirements of the previous grade.
From R2 299p/m*
*Prices exclude SACAI and delivery fees.
- The above prices are cost estimates and do not include the costs for supplementary products, delivery or SACAI fees.
- Payment options:
- Once-off full payment: You will receive a 10% discount when paying for the academic year in full. Please note that the discount does not apply to supplementary products, delivery or SACAI fees. The amounts on our online quote will include the applicable discount when a once-off full payment option is selected. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Monthly instalments (EFT/bank deposit/credit card).
- Impaq-administered debit order.